Siva - Charlotte, North Carolina
Themes: setbacks

Perhaps one of the more difficult lessons I have learned in life is the lesson of the Problem. The Problem, whatever it may be to a person, is perhaps the great power in life for better or for worse. It has powers for good or for evil, and can create a living nightmare or a blissful haven, though improbable the latter may seem. If one wants a problem to aid instead of hinder, one must understand what it truly is and how to apply it. Understand is the key word.

Understanding a problem is the first step to understanding the whole. To do this will strip away the layers, the layers veiling the matter’s heart in cloud and questions. One can compare this to peeling away at an onion. You may cry as you do it, yet you find the vegetable delicious after you are finished. So it is with a problem. Still, there are many who instead of enduring the discomfort of doing this, simply choose not to understand. This leaves the problem untouched, perhaps gnawing away at their souls, perhaps for years, until the person chooses to revisit it. By then the pain of the Problem will have multiplied hundreds of times, creating a nightmare for the person. I have experienced this sensation before, the sensation of misery, of a deep hidden torment, a feeling I never again wish to feel.

Also, there is the most common type of person faced with a problem, the whining complainer. The whining complainer recognizes their problem, yet only gives voice to it, whining and groaning endlessly. The type of person that can drive one to insanity. Voice will speak, but it will not act. If one does not understand the issue at hand, but only gives voice, it is as bad as ignoring the issue entirely. Yet, though the whining complainer may be obnoxious, he expresses the problem. More terrible is to leave the problem to consume your very soul.

Once you have grasped the problem, you must act without delay. When one acts, he has already exited one labyrinth, yet he is only entering another. Such is the Problem’s way. When the person steps into the second labyrinth, he has passed the starting line of the track. Though he may find further obstacles in his way, he, after a great deal of soul-searching, can locate the truth, the nub of the whole issue. I have also been in such a maze, and also after touching deep into myself, have found the Truth.

Now that one has found or found again, what has been troubling him and solved it, as one kills a beast with a sword, he can be said to have found a great solver of life itself. The Problem has now transformed from cactus to blooming rose.

Though I discovered this philosophy not long ago, I have already used it to my greater advantage. By this method, what powers the Problem had have been turned against it. If others could also unlock this vital secret, they could do this as well. This I believe.