Sasha - Charlotte 28226, North Carolina

This I believe…

Do you think that you’ve being treated fairly in life? Probably not, think about all the mean things you’ve done or all the people who have been mean to you. Have you been rewarded for being mean or have others been rewarded for being mean? No, no one has been rewarded for being mean, even though it may seem like they have some good luck at times. Don’t worry they’ll get their fair share.

Whenever I was mean to someone I never got rewarded I got punished and when I was nice to people I got appreciated, but when I was nice to a bad person I didn’t get anything and that’s because I never was nice to a mean person. Believe it or not, being good to a bad person is rewarding. I find it to be very true. It took me a while to agree I must admit but I finally did, and this happened all because of my dog. She helped me realize that this statement is true and I’m going to tell you how. Well my dog’s name is Dot and she’s the sweetest little thing but she’s to territorial and she tries to let everyone know that they can’t bother this house, but they’re not getting that. All they know is that she’s a little rat that needs to be tied up. She has been chasing people as long as I can remember and finally, not to long ago my neighbor came up to my house complaining about her. She told me that if I don’t do anything about her that she’s going to call animal control. That sounds fair right? But to me it wasn’t because she was saying it to me in an evil, mean tone. I tried my hardest to be nice and at first I didn’t get why after three years of it she’d finally say something to me about it but then I understood her. She was fed up and I could see why, its true Dot is always barking and yapping at her whenever she’s outside and she should be able to walk out and enjoy the day. So I told her I’d definitely do something about it and I was polite to someone who was being mean. At that moment it didn’t feel great but then when I walked inside I felt proud of myself. After all that I finally realized that being good to a bad person is a good thing, and that it will reward you in life.

People aren’t born mean. At least I don’t think so. I believe that people are mean because of things that have happened to them in life, or parents not giving them the love and attention they need. We don’t know why they’re the way they are but we should all try to understand them and be good to them. Trust me it’ll make you feel like a stronger and better person by being good to a bad person. I’m not telling you to do all the time because we’re not all perfect saints, but at least try it every now and then.