chelsea - Centennial, Colorado
Themes: family, illness, love

Living Your Life While Loving Others

There are many things people believe in but there is only one thing I believe in strongly; living your life while loving the ones around you. If you don’t you’ll live a life that is loveless, lonely, and unworthy of anyone’s attention; a life I’m sure no one wants to lead. I say this because I once was bribed with material things to love someone more than someone else.

Everyone knows it’s a hard decision to love someone, but it’s an even harder one to love someone over another, like your parents. My parents divorced when I was about one and half to two years old. I never had the privilege to say, “Mom and Dad”, in the same room. It was either “Dad and Linnae” or “Mom and Mike”. This made me love more than one person at a time, as you see; I had two extra people to love. I do have siblings but that love just comes natural. I had to learn to love these strangers that just came into my life all of a sudden. It was a pretty big shock for me.

Over time custody battles got worse with my parents because we grew older. It even got to a certain point where my dad was bribing us (but we didn’t know it at the time we were just having fun) to stay with him in California. He even brainwashed three out of four of my siblings. As a small child I never liked going to my dad’s house, so I wasn’t brainwashed because I wanted to stay with my mom so bad. This point in my life was a big turn around, because my sister went to go live with my dad in California while my sister, brother, and I went to live with my mom in Colorado. This tore my family apart. I couldn’t believe it; my sister was gone. I hated my dad for that. We always went to my dad’s over breaks and my parents would share certain holidays. But I just got fed up with everything going wrong at his house. I decided to write him a letter telling him the reasons I didn’t want to go to his house anymore.

Finally, my sister after a couple of years was fed up with how her life was going at my dad’s. She moved back to Colorado with my mom. We were all happy until we found out that my other sister was diagnosed with Bi Polar disease. She was out of control. My mom couldn’t handle it anymore so she sent her to my dad’s house. My sister and I had become very close over the years and I was going to miss her very much.

I say all of this because you should love everyone around you unconditionally because you never know when they will be torn away from you. Live your life like you want but live it with other people. Love those people and they will always be in your heart no matter where they are in the world.