Trevor - Centennial, Colorado

The Right to Bear Arms

The one belief that I believe strongly in, is a right that is outlined by the Bill of Rights. It is the right to bare arms. I believe strongly in our opportunity to own weapons, for protection or for sport.

If some one breaks into my house how am I going to protect myself self? In Ohio, my uncles house was broken into in the middle of the night, he had a small caliber pistol in a safe on his dresser he opened it and shot the intruder. Although it didn’t kill him he was wounded enough so the police to get their and arrest this him. This is one of the reasons I believe that we need to be able to own weapons.

I love to hunt waterfowl with my dad, and my brothers. We go hunting every weekend the season’s open. Last year we went hunting 22 times, my dad hunted all his life, with his dad and brother. So for as long as I can remember my family has hunted. Man for a long time has hunted, an, so why would they take that away now? A right we have from Declaration of Independence is the pursuit of happiness. For the boys in my family no event, including Christmas, is more fun than our hunting trips. So taking that away would infringe on our right to the pursuit of happiness.

My family has a very voiced opinion about groups that want to take away this right we have. My parents have voted many times against these groups. When I grow up I will always vote against these groups. When my kids grow up I will share the sport of hunting with them and only hope that they share it with their kids. I think that as long as there are things to hunt, people are going to hunt them. And as long as people hunt them the population will never die because of how much they love their sport. Last year more money was donated by hunters to conservation groups like Ducks Unlimited, and Delta Waterfowl. The same is true for other groups like the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Pheasants Forever, and the Wild Turkey Federation. Two stickers that my family has on our trailer that we truly believe in are; PETA, people eating tasty animals, and Gun control means using two hands.