Kristina - Fredericksburg, Virginia

I believe that no one should be lonely. Nearly everyone wants to find that person in life. The person you want to share your thoughts, ideas, hopes, and dreams with; the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with. But, is there such thing as that person? Is there really one person that can make you feel complete for the rest of your life? I think so; it is just about finding that person and being absolutely sure that the happiness they bring you will never die out.

Every little girl dreams about their wedding day. When I was a little girl, I would walk under my grandmother’s white curtains making them my veil. I have always had this impression of the perfect man that I would spend the rest of my life with but after being in and out of a couple of serious relationships, I wonder if I am just supposed to settle for one of these less-than-perfect guys.

I once asked a middle-aged teacher why she was not married. She told me that she had been engaged multiple times but had never felt like the men she ended up with were the right ones. She then proceeded to tell me that “when you feel lonelier with a man than you do when you are by yourself, you know it is time to leave.” This was neither a teacher I liked nor respected because of earlier things that had happened during the year but she may have been the one teacher that had given me the most useful advice. I began to think about this a lot and it made so much sense. The way a man treats you can make you feel so low and lonely. No one deserves to feel lonely in a relationship. Every woman deserves to feel wanted and loved.

There are many men who are great listeners while there are many who are not. I find myself spilling my heart out to my boyfriend so often just to receive a blank stare in return-he did not hear a word I said. Talking to a wall when there is a person completely capable of hearing in the room is unacceptable. That makes you feel lonely. Marriage is a huge step and should be complete and forever. I believe that every woman should marry a man that makes them feel wanted, loved, and overall complete.