matt - littleton, Colorado
Themes: sports

This I Believe….

Everyone says that there is no I in team. I don’t agree! I believe that there is very much of me, in my team. In fact there is a large part of us in all sports we play.

Sports give everyone disciplines, a sense of belonging and mental strengths. By playing sports such as wrestling and swimming you can learn to keep your self in stellar physical shape.

In wrestling you have to give it all you got just to get attention. If you get noticed a lot, people will give you some pointers and over all help. They also give you respect. Also in wrestling you have to believe in yourself that you can advance in difficult situations. By believing in your self you just boosted your confidence level and your physical levels.

I know as a fourth year swimmer I have made many sacrifices for swimming. One sacrifice I made was that I chose to go to swimming instead of going to a party with my friends. I have chosen to take swimming seriously and that I need to work hard and push others on my team. In the I.M. relay you have to push your teammates and yourself. Like last year I helped push my teammates in the I.M. and they helped me. So with all that help we went to state for our relay, but came in second. If you don’t push your teammates, they might make your team lose or worse get D.Q. and that is never good.

To keep up in swimming and in wrestling you have to train before, during and after the sport. Like me I’m getting in shape for wrestling before the season even starts. I train myself three times a week. I weight lift and I watch what I eat. In both sports you have to make major demands on your body. In swimming I have to make demands not just on my body but physically. For swimming I have to swim with my team three to four times a week. I also have to make a decision, if I’m dedicated to the team or not, by not hanging out with my friends as much.

So to repeat my point that I is in team. And the team will always need Matt. Also you need to believe and never quit and finish what you started.