Jared - Centennial, Colorado
Themes: setbacks, sports

Go Hard or Go Home

As cold is to snow, I am to football. It is my passion and what I truly love. It is what I strive for everyday, and all year long. Football is my life. Growing up with half my family as Texas natives and living in Denver, Colorado I have no choice. Football isn’t just a hobby or activity, its life. I believe football can portray more true life scenarios than the game of Life itself.

Violence is a main factor in everything you do in football. The running back must hit the hole with aggression to make a first down and the line must be savages to clear others out of the way. It is just the nature of the game. “An old coach told us that football is the game were you can do the most illegal crimes and get away with them, but only if your violent.” Sometimes in life when I’m in a struggle and its 3rd and long I just just have to push through everything else to get what I need.

To be successful in life, I have to give everything I do everything I’ve have. If I do go out and drive it down the middle and let up towards the end I’m going to get caught and driven back to where I was. Nobody should give up on anything. The easiest thing somebody can do in their life is fail, and it takes heart and determination to succeed. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t achieve your goals. If somebody does they’re just jealous of what you have and don’t want you to succeed. They are your enemy. Defeat them in all possible ways.

The top feels so much better than the bottom. Who ever said it doesn’t matter if you win or lose its how you play the game was a loser. The world wants winners. Society doesn’t care that you gave it your all but you lost in the long run. But being number one also takes loving what you do. You have to be happy with yourself to achieve happiness in life. Football is fun like life, but it is only as fun as you make it.

When I do achieve the greatest accomplishment, whether that is the Heisman trophy or the Nobel Peace Prize, the feeling after I have done it is amazing. I won’t stop until I have two or three Superbowl rings on my fingers. But I know if it doesn’t work out, football has prepared me for life more than anything could, because this I believe.