Kyle - Highlands Ranch, Colorado

This I Dream For The Human Race

I dream of a world were we live in peace, a world without war, death, pollution, disease. The only way we can live in true utopia is if we put aside these stupid petty differences. On the grand scale who really cares about the origins of the universe, why we’re here, whether or not God exists, or other crap like this. Why should we kill each other just to prove a point? Why should we believe in a god that hasn’t shown any PROOF, actual, tangible, PROOF that He exists, and why should we spend just as much time trying to prove that He doesn’t exist.

Why do the politicians, special interest groups, terrorists, the population in general, argue about technological advancement, things like cloning, stem cell research, and abortion? Just think that if people would give these things a chance dozens of problems might be solved, things like cancer, AIDS, HIV, diabetes, organ failure, retardation, disabilities, countless others. When I see TV shows that have to do with people bombing abortion clinics or hate crimes against retarded people or AIDS victims, I always think about how wrong it is. Just think about how many sick babies will benefit from advancements in cloning, stem cell or genetic engineering. And if a woman chooses to get an abortion, she should have that choice and it should be respected by everyone. We can stop this by investing time and money into scientific research.

If we could find a way to live together, have a government of unified countries, a global government where every one gets along, we can truly live in peace.

But I think the most important thing I can stress is the need for exploration. With the right people and research we could be SETTLING new planets not just looking at them through telescopes. Who knows, in a hundred years we might be the ones setting our phasers for stun and arming the photon torpedoes. We need to believe we can accomplish anything. If we can’t do that there really isn’t any reason to continue as a civilization.

“It is imperative that we learn to put aside our petty differences or the future of the human race will be non-existent.” –Dr. Han Fastolfe., from The Robot Series, written by Dr. Isaac Asimov.

I’m Kyle, and this I believe.