Kelsey - Littleton, Colorado

Because You Live-Jesse McCartney

“Because you live and breathe

because you make me believe in myself when nobody else can help

because you live, girl

my world has twice as many stars in the sky

because you live, I live”

My wish is that people of all ages would have one significant person in their life that is there trough thick and thin. I call this having someone in your corner. In boxing, your coach is in the corner in between rounds to clean you up and get you back on your feet. The coach is the person you rely on with your troubles, and there to catch you when you fall. As, Jesse McCartney sings “because you make me believe in myself when nobody else can help” that is the kind of person you need in your life.

I feel sad for those who don’t have that person; they will never win the fight in the long run. I have had some problems with friends, family and in school. Luckily, I finally found someone to guide me through. Life is a lot easier when someone believes in you. Often times my mom is there for me, but usually it was someone I had never expected. When my grandpa died my mom said:

“He was the wind under my wings, he made

me soar. He expected so much of me

and also my #1 fan. He was the one

who kept me going.”

Since my grandpa died, she has told me what a fantastic father he was. He was the person in her corner. Now if I could only figure out whom that person is for me. In the mean time, I hope I can help my friends and family to better themselves. I can only pray that people can trust me enough to let me make their load lighter. Another phrase for Jesse McCartney’s song, Because you Live says “because you live, my world has twice as many stars in the sky”. The world would be a better place if everyone had that special someone to be the wind beneath their wings. This I believe.