Colby - Denver, Colorado
Themes: children, sports

Sports and Life

Sports have been the foundation of my life for many years. I have been playing sports since I was five years old. I have won many titles including winning nationals multiple times in wrestling, and winning nationals in hockey once. Sports are the best thing anyone can do to exercise, have fun, be competitive, and many other things. When I was about four years old, I got my first pair of rollerblades. I wasn’t hesitant to quickly put them on and try them out. Throughout that year, I would never take them off. I would rollerblade around the house instead of walking. I later on got a little hockey stick, puck, and net. I started to play hockey in my kitchen and tried to imitate the avalanche players by trying to fall like they did. My parents got a kick out of this and soon enrolled me in mini-might hockey league. I was scared to death to go out on the ice and skate with all the other kids, but I’m glad I did.

I have made many friends doing sports. It is much easier making friends doing sports because everyone has something in common. Sports are the greatest thing that has ever been invented. They help you through hard times because you forget about everything bad that is going on in the world today, and there are some pretty terrible things going on!

Children are becoming obese because of laziness and it just makes you think if everyone did sports, how much less obese our world would be. I do understand that some people just can’t help it, somewhat of an illness, but if they would get out and try a sport just for fun, they would feel a lot better about themselves.

Sports are good to bring families together too. From going to watch your home team play with your family to playing a sport with your family. Who doesn’t like to sit down on a Sunday and watch a little football? I don’t know how anyone could not play a sport. What would you do in your spare time?

Everyone should play sports because they are fun, help you get out of the house instead of just watching television or being bored, it brings out your competitive side, and it is a great source of exercise. This I believe.