Liseth - Los Angeles, California
Themes: hope, purpose

Liseth Hernandez

September 22,2006

Reaching for Something Greater than the Stars

“I am a 12 year old, and I am a seventh grade student in South Central Los Angeles. I believe in the dreams or goals I can accomplish. There are many people in the world that have many dreams, but it gets hard when they believe they have to give up. They always give many excuses just to stop trying.

I believe that achieving your dreams is an accomplishment anyone can get too. Some people may want to make you feel down just to throw you off your path of achieving your goals. Many people may say that you are too dumb or that you are not worthy just to make believe that your goal is much further than you think it is. Do not try to let people get to your feelings or to all the hard work you have put in to give up.

Some of the dreams and goals I would like to accomplish would be too get a career in architecture. Me looking at people who have no homes, no jobs and many children that don’t have any relatives and live in orphanages or foster Holmes have influenced me to have this dream. My mom has influenced me to have these dreams and to accomplish them. She has taught me to help those who need it. It would be a pleasure to see my mom with a smile on her face. This I believe.