Daniel - Los Angeles, California
Themes: hope, purpose

I am 13 years old, and I am a seventh grade student in South Central Los Angeles. I believe that everyone should follow his or her dreams. When people are born, they have a purpose in life, and that purpose is to follow their dreams. No matter what obstacle, we shouldn’t give in to the problems in life. People might bring you down because they don’t know what you can accomplish. My dream is to be a professional wrestler, my friends might laugh but I know I can accomplish my dream. When I go to high school, I’m going to try out for the wrestling team to practice.

My friend Gustavo has a dream of becoming a highway patrol officer. I laughed but he says that nobody can stand in his way of being in what he believes in. It’s best to pick an idol so you can easily make your dream a reality. My idol is the 1st ever undisputed champion in wwe history…Y2j, Chris Jericho. I’ve wanted this dream since I first saw wrestling in 1998. This proves that dreams never die. You can make something out of your dream…. you can make it a reality.

Life for me has a special meaning, and that meaning is that dreams can come true. Yes it might be difficult but it never hurts to try. Never give up on your dreams. This I believe.