Wilmer - Los Angeles, California
Themes: addiction

AlcoholStruggles

I am 12 years old, and I am a seventh grade student in South Central Los Angeles. I believe that alcoholism is a big epidemic. Many people suffer from alcohol. Some suffer from drunk driving, others suffer from liver problems. Drinking only causes problems. If it were my choice, I would ban alcohol in this state, California, and every other state in the world.

I have experienced what alcohol can do to people. When I was young, my dad abused my mother because of the addiction. Once he almost left my mom for good, just to get her money and buy the alcohol that was abusing him. To me my mom is a brave person, and so is my dad. I’m not sure how my dad overcame all those obstacles in his way, but he did. He left the alcohol for good. Now I consider him an idol because all that he struggled through. My mom is also an idol to me for not letting my dad drown in the addiction. She helped him pass through all his problems and never gave up on him, and because of that he is the good father that he is the day of today.