Jessica - Los Angeles, California

Jessica Ramos

Period 5

9-22-06

A Friend who got Abused

I am 12 years old, I’m a 7th grade student in South Central Los Angeles. This I believe that people should not be abuse. When I was eight, my best friend use to come to school with bruises. Almost every day I will ask me the same question “how is she doing right now?” She would always tell me her problems and her feelings. She would always come crying in tears in my class with a new bruise everyday. Her bruises were brown, gray, blue, purple almost like a rainbow .I would always ask her “how did you get that bruise?” she would always tell me the same respond “I fell down in the yard”? . She did not want anyone to help her, but she trusted me.

Until one day she entered my classroom and she was crying in the door .The teacher told her to come in but her respond was “my legs hurt!” of course the teacher believe her. They talked almost the whole period. I was very scared because she once told me that her uncle would always go to her room when her mother was working. My friend would tell me that she wish she can tell her mother but her uncle told her not to or else she was going to die. I couldn’t tell my family what was happening to my friend because I promise my friend I wouldn’t. When the teacher was over talking to her she felt much better. She went to sit down at her desk near by me because the teacher told her she could sit anyone she feels comftorbal. I told her “what’s wrong?” her respond was, her uncle went to her room last night and I lost my virginity. I was crying, she started to tell me that the teacher was going to take her home tonight and speak with her mother. My friend felt more comftorble but she never felt comftorble speaking with boys again. This I believe that people around the world should not be abuse.