mariana - los angeles, California
Themes: immigrant

I believe that immigration can really hurt some families. Three years ago my uncle was taken by immigration. Immigration came to his house early in the morning while he was getting ready to go to work. He was outside putting the things that he needed to work in his truck. When he got on his truck and turned it on two guys came and just told him to get out of his truck with his hand on his head. So he did and they arrested him like if he was some kind of criminal. While that was happening my aunt came out and told them to let him go but they said no. My aunt told them to let her hug him goodbye but they didn’t even let her touch him. So they took him.

The saddest part of all of this was seeing how much my aunt and three cousins needed my uncle. It got to a point were my three cousins didn’t want to go to school. They said they wanted to go to Mexico and be with their dad.

They went to Mexico for a long time. It was sad because they had planned my cousins sweet 15 and they had to go to Mexico. At last she didn’t even get a party but she didn’t care as longest as she was with her dad.

Up to this point he is still in Mexico. My aunt and cousins go to Mexico to visit him when my cousins are off track. This I believe.