Lauren - 80122, Colorado

Love, Faith, and Family

Having strong beliefs is very important. My beliefs are very important to me. People should not judge nor scrutinize people’s opinions, ideas, or religions.

I believe in having a strong religion, I am a strong Catholic. If someone is Atheist, Lutheran, or Baptist, no one should be judged. My aunt is going to get married next month, and my other aunt is not going because of the religion of my aunt’s fiancé. I know my aunt is very serious about her religion, but I think she should go to the wedding just to support her sister.

I believe in having great friends that truly bring out the best in you, and that can make you laugh. My friend Allison has been my friend for years, and she truly brings out the best in me. We have the best time together, always. We have never been in a fight and she knows my family as well as I know hers. I believe that a strong family can really strive to be the best.

Having strict parents is very good because they keep you in line, and when you slack off, they whip you in shape. My parents are strict, but I know they do it because they love me. I am always with family. All of my family both on my mom’s side and dad’s side live in Texas. There is always someone driving up to Colorado to come see us. My grandfather, John is always giving life lessons and telling me what to watch out for. He always says to me, “Lauren don’t be slacken’ now, not this early in life”. I always think about what he said to me and I really try to strive for his values. I really do look up to him.

I believe in true love. I really do think that there is someone perfect for everyone. My friend’s parents went to school together since kindergarten and they became “boyfriend and girlfriend” in third grade, and they became high school sweet hearts and got married when they were twenty-six. They are now fifty-four years old and their love is still stronger then ever. When I think of their relationship and love together it really inspires me, they are truly a wonderful couple.

I believe that teens my age should have rights and should not be judged on the way they dress or pierce themselves. I believe that is a way of expressing yourself, and having your right of speech. Our country would truly be nowhere without the First Amendment.

Believing is the best knowledge you have, and if someone does not believe, well then they are not a real person. THIS I BELIEVE.