Bri - Centennial, Colorado
Themes: death, fear

My mother has always told me, “Don’t you fear nothing, baby, ‘cause the things you’re scared of are usually the most worthwhile.” I live by that every day.

The opinions of others will not faze me; I do not care what they think. I believe in life, life without fear. I believe that in order to live, it is essential to live it to the fullest. I feel that I must experience as much as I can. I want to go skydiving, bungee jumping, base-jumping, ride outrageous roller coasters…etc. Experience life in every way possible. I am frightened to do those things, which is why I must do them; I cannot let fear triumph over me, no one should. I cannot imagine having my life flash before my eyes and seeing nothing but fear and regret.

Death; so many people fear it, when they shouldn’t. They say death is a part of living, so in a way people must experience it as well. Whether it is the death of a friend or a family member, it happens to everyone in all kinds of forms. It is all really leading up to our own deaths. Preparation for the unknown. In all reality, living is what kills; people cannot wait it out and hope for a different ending, it’s coming and all I can do is challenge it and “go out kickin‘,” to live like never before.

I live for excitement and adrenaline. I feel that it is impossible to truly live life any other way. I must experience it without fear; every touch, every taste, every smell, every emotion.

No one, including myself, should let fear hold them back from doing what they want. It is almost as if fear is a ghost that inhabits the body, twisting the perception of things, I cannot let that happen.

Life is a gift, a gift to be cherished. So many people take it for granted. Over time, I have realized that the world does not revolve around me, if I died today, the world would keep on spinning. However, I have to experience everything I can with the time I have, no matter how short or long.

There are people who go through their lives scared to open up, to take the plunge, to actually live life the way it was intended. Its makes me sad when I think about how many people have wasted their lives being conservative, not taking the time to stop and smell the roses. I wish more people would understand that life is short, “Do what you can, while you can.”

I believe in life and living it to its maximum capacity, without fear. My life is mine to live and that is how it will always be. I will not let anything hold me back. This I believe.