Quinlan - denver, Colorado

I believe that, what goes around comes around. If I do something bad, then something bad will happen to me. But on the other hand, if I do something good, then something good will happen to me. This belief of mine goes with life being fair, treating others the way you want to be treated, and that everything I do will have another effect.

Life is fair because no matter what you do, good or bad, it will happen to me in another way. One time I found five dollars on the ground and took it without bothering to find out who it belonged to, the next day I lost my wallet. And the person with my wallet will either turn it in to the lost and found, or keep it. Then something good or bad will happen to them. And I probably deserve losing my wallet because I didn’t find out who the five dollars belonged to.

Another belief that goes with my theory on “what goes around comes around” is “treat others the way you want to be treated”. Going up to somebody you don’t know that looks sad and saying “hi” and talking to them is a way to make a friend. And then when you’re sad he will come and talk to you. On the flip side of that if you are always mean to people then they will be mean to you. My science teacher in fifth grade didn’t get along very well with me, and I always talked back to him. So one day I was pretty happy and didn’t want him to ruin my day so I treated him with more respect, and he did the same for me. That was the day that I learned it is easier to be nice to people and them be nice to you, than it is to be mean to them and them be mean to you.

Everything I do has an equal effect. If I tear down a sign at school, then I will probably have to pick it up and I’ll be in trouble. If I help put up a sign at school, then I will probably be rewarded for it. So anything I do, will have another effect on my life and the people’s around me. Life is like one of those desk toys with five metal balls and when you pick one up and drop it to let it hit the next one, the far back one on the other side goes up, and comes down again, then the first one goes up and comes down again, never stopping unless you force it to.

Life is fair, you should treat others the way you want to be treated, and everything I do will have an equal effect. The smallest gestures of civility can be the most important throughout your life, this I believe.