Bailey - Charlotte, North Carolina

I believe in the ability to have complete loyalty and trust in something for which there is not proof. To be specific, I believe in faith. For me, I have faith in God and my religion. For others, that faith can lie in a spouse, family, our country, or anything. Faith is a feeling of confidence and sureness that things will work out. It is a comfort and a pillar to fall back on. It can save lives, and accomplish dreams. Faith is individualism.

I have grown up going to Sunday school every Sunday morning since I could move. I have had countless morals and values taught to me in church and embedded in my mind. The most important, however, is to have faith in God. I have been taught that no matter what, God has a plan for me, and He chooses my path in life.

For some, this may seem like a difficult belief to adhere to. It is so hard to put your life into someone else’s hands and know that this one person has complete power and control. It is hard to admit that you do not know what exactly is going to happen to you tomorrow, or the next day, or where you will be next year.

This questioning and uncertainty of faith is not terrible to do. In fact, I think it helps to question your beliefs and reflect upon them. I have complete and total faith in God, yet I still question things. I question if there is such a thing as heaven and hell, or simply life after death. I often wonder why such good things are bestowed to some, while others are given nothing at all. My faith in God allows me to question these things, yet still believe that He has a chosen path for me and wherever I end up is where I am supposed to be.

This seems like a hard concept to grasp, I know, but many people have faith in different ways. Women have faith in their husbands to stay faithful, parents have faith in their children to succeed, and even the guilty have faith in being freed. Faith is a motivator, a form of trust and a firm belief in something for which one cannot see.