Kevin - centennial, Colorado

Life Isn’t Fair

Do you think life is fair? Well, I don’t. I believe that fairness is judged by people and people have different opinions. When people have different opinions they fight over what they believe and eventually someone wins and their belief is established as law. Then, people break that law for what they believe is fair but they must abide by the rules or they else punished. For example, in school students don’t get to choose the rules but still have to follow them otherwise they will get in trouble.

I feel sorry for people who can’t enjoy life like I do. I have opportunities that uneducated or poor people don’t. I have had a good education and have been able to travel. I am so fortunate compared to other kids such as some living in poverty stricken areas of Africa or India. They have an extremely hard life and for that reason I know that I shouldn’t be complaining about my life. I should really be thankful for how lucky I am.

When I was 12 my family bought two puppies. One was a Bichon and the other was a Schnauzer. The Schnauzer, Maggie, was a great dog. She was an intelligent and obedient from the day we got her. When she was ten months old she collapsed. We brought her to the vet and they tested her to see what was wrong but he couldn’t figure out what was wrong with her. She died a couple of hours later, probably from a stroke. I think it is unfair that she died so young. I guess that some things just aren’t supposed to live and some are.

I believe that life isn’t fair but everyone must deal with their situations and overcome hardships. You may not like the way your life is but just think that there is always someone that has it harder than you. For that reason, you should always be thankful for what you have and not complain. You should just go out and enjoy life because it is too short not to have fun.