Teresa - Dallas, Texas

I believe that education is important to our daily lives, and that no one should give up in educating themselves, because they will regret it later on if they do. I have been going to school for ten years now. There have been times in which I did not put my best effort into an assignment, causing my grade to suffer. One grade that is less than the best you can do will lead to other lower grades. Keeping your grades up will enable you to be able to attend a good college and receive the education that is needed to obtain the best job possible. Mrs. Daily, for example, stresses how important grades are from the very first semester of freshmen year. She explains that we need to keep up with our work in order to succeed in life. She is one of the many people who inspired me to do well in my academic career.

A few times in previous years, I have stayed up late working on assignments that were not due until two days later. If I had told somebody this, they would usually think I was crazy for losing sleep over assignments that were not worth much of my grade. I believe that the small assignments matter the most; just because a given assignment is not worth a large portion of the overall grade, that is not a justification for doing a fast and careless job on it. Throughout school, there will be many smaller assignments that lead up to what is most important to learn. Although there may not be many of these in college, the work done in high school will definitely influence the grades in college, therefore impacting the type of job that it will be possible to obtain after college.

Applying yourself to complete the work given you will also affect how you apply yourself afterward. One time in seventh grade, I neglected a project until the night before it was due. I stayed up until three thirty in the morning finishing the project that I knew I would not even get a good grade on. I did not apply myself to finish the project sooner, and as a result both my health and my grade suffered.

Working hard at one’s education is essential in order to have the most successful life that a person can have. Neglecting your education will hurt your ability to have the best job you can possibly have, making your life less happy than it would have been if you had given more effort. Getting a good job also takes many years of hard studying, but if you have been studying as hard as possible in the years prior to training for a job, there should be no trouble in studying just as hard a short time longer. There is no reason for someone to stop trying their hardest in educating themselves, because in the end, the hard work will turn out to be worthwhile.