Kaysie - Nevada, Texas

I believe that a mother’s love is stronger than any other worldly love. Thinking about the past was never easy for my mother. At the age of two she was forced to witness her own mother’s murder. Rather than being placed into a foster care system, my great grandmother adopted my mother and her younger brother and moved them from California to Texas. At fifteen, my mother suffered another great loss, the suicide of her father. She had only met him twice, but still she strived to find an outlet for her pain. She began to write poetry, and very much succeeded. Her words were beautiful, touching, and inspiring. At the age of 23, she gave birth to a baby girl. This baby girl would grow up to love her mother and have the utmost respect for her. She would not only be her daughter, but also her best friend. She would look at her mother and think to herself, “I hope I can be at least half the mother she has been to me.” Although my mother has had so many challenges along the way, she has always managed to remain strong and steadfast. She has been able to give so much love to my two sisters, my brother, and myself. She has taught us all so many things, to be strong, to have faith, and to stand up for what we believe in no matter what. She is an amazing woman, and I am truly blessed to have her in my life.