Ashton - Desoto, Texas

There are a lot of things I believe in. Some of them are superstition while others are religious. But, this one is political. I believe that America may be going in reverse. When I say this, I mean that our country’s process is rewinding to the past. It’s like America is 18 yrs old but is acting like a 10 yr old. We are beginning to lose freedoms and rights that we should have and some we already have.

A few weeks ago, I was searching the web when I stumbled onto an interesting topic. It was titled “The Worst Internet Law Sneaking Through the Senate”. The topic intrigued me so I read it. It stated:

“The Convetion on Cybercrime is a sweeping treaty that has been waiting in the wings of the Senate for nearly three years. Now the administration is putting pressure on the Senate to ratify it in the next two days. If it does, it would mean the U.S. would enforce not just our own, but the rest of the world’s bad Net laws. Call your Senator now, and ask them to hold its ratification…the treaty requires that the U.S. government help enforce other countries’ “cybercrime” laws- even if the act being prosecuted is not illegal in the United States. That means that countries that have laws limiting free speech on the Net could oblige the F.B.I. to uncover the identities of anonymous U.S. critics, or monitor their communications on behalf of foreign governments. American ISPs would be obliged to obey other jurisdiction’s requests to log their users’ behavior without due process, or compensation.”

This clearly infringes on our freedom of speech and privacy, freedoms that we have had for decades. Though I have yet to know if the bill has been ratified by Congress, the fact that Senate has been deliberating on it for years weakens by respect for the government. Seeing that it defies our rights, they should have dismissed it immediately.

There are more reasons why I think the way I do and here’s another one of those reasons. I have noticed that America has become paranoid. Everything that is out of the ordinary is being considered a terrorist’s attack. Ethnic groups are being separated and labeled as terror groups. Airports are going to extreme measures to ensure safety on their flights. Well, I can understand airport security. But, you can see that our nation is separating from itself. It’s separating itself from the rest of the world. I blame most of this on foreign affairs and our millitary’s actions.

This is what I believe.