Chadwick - Dallas, Texas

I believe that there is a hero in all of us.

I first started to believe this when I nine years old. I always saw on the television about normal people doing amazing things. I never really thought anything of it. I started to mature and actually figured out how amazing these feats are. People would risk their own lives to save someone from a burning building. It is amazing what people will do for other people that they love.

A hero in my eyes is my father. He was a wild child when he was younger. As he grew, he began to learn the importance of the little things in life. He passed this wisdom on to me. He told me the importance of education and to take it seriously. Last year in 8th grade, I had quite a bit of missing work. He showed me how much it can affect my grade. I managed to get all that missing work in with the help of him. He also made sure that I didn’t have any missing work after that. That is why my dad is a hero.

Heroes can be anyone who helps another person in need. It can be giving money to the poor or donating it. Anyone can be a hero. There are many opportunities in everyday life. You don’t have to be a hero to all people; it can be to just one person. If it helps anyone, then I would consider them a hero.

I believe in helping others when they are in need. It maybe hard to help because you feel it is not “cool” or your just lazy but every opportunity you get, you should take it. You never know when you may need help.