Rudy - Grand Prairie, Texas

I believe that positive thinking is one of the greatest ways a person can improve the quality of his everyday life. As many people know, good-natured cheer is often contagious. By wearing a smile, being courteous, and respecting everyone you meet, you will be able to accomplish much in life. Yes, it may be easy to be optimistic and encouraging every once in a while, but it takes real commitment and character to do it all the time. However, once you are capable of a consistent positive attitude you will be able to accomplish your every desire. So why don’t people simply stay happy all the time? The truth is most people just don’t have the desire to stay positive. Too often is it simpler to become angry, impatient, frustrated, or downcast.

My father, who has a career in sales, knows first hand how a person’s attitude effects his decisions and relationships. He has read hundreds of books, articles, and essays to learn how the human mind functions and how to attain success. In the end, they all have one theme in common, and that one theme is positive thinking. Realizing this, he has done everything in his power to incorporate positive thinking into his lifestyle. Everyday he makes sure he is in a positive state of mind. He smiles as often as he can, and focuses on having positive thoughts. Call it karma, but it all pays off. People are drawn to him, customers enjoy his presence, and his peers revere and respect him. My father is living proof that positive thinking can drastically improve your life.

Naturally, my father has taught me much about positive thinking. While discussing the subject and he has recommended numerous pieces of literature to me in regards to positive thinking. Among these recommendations was the book How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. How to Win Friends and Influence People is the book that helped me the most in incorporating positive thinking into my life style. It specifically outlined steps, methods, and procedures aimed at making me a positive person. Another piece of advised reading was The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin S. Sharma. This book helped me to understand the rewards of positively, as well as tips on getting the most out of life, and enjoying it. It also gave examples and made references to cases of negative thinking, showing why you shouldn’t be negative and what happens when you do not think positively. Together, these books outline how much our attitudes affect our lives, as well as how important it is to handle the conflicts in our lives positively.

I encourage everyone to attempt to think positively whenever possible. It affects every person you meet, every choice you make, and essentially everything you do. Not only do you enhance your own life, but also the lives of those around you.