Sarah - Centennial, Colorado

I believe friends make a mark on your life that can never be matched. They are like finger prints, no two are ever the same. I believe being a true friend is the most important thing in my life. Friends come first in my life, and I think it should always be like that. I believe I need to stand up for my friends when they have forgotten how.

My best friend was beginning to loose herself to a boy last December. She was lost and didn’t know what to do because of how much she liked him. She was being pushed to the limit everyday and was testing her emotions constantly. It had to come to a stop. I couldn’t bare watching my friend fall apart to someone I knew was not a good person. I decided to take charge. I told this boy that he needed to be happy for what he had. I told him that being with her should be enough. She was the best thing that ever happened to him and she didn’t deserve her. He realized that I was right and he needed to change. He apologized with sincerity and learned a valuable lesson.

I feel as if I need to put others before me because with out my friends how would I be happy? I think my friends deserve to be put first because how they impact my life. They have effected and changed me so I think they deserve the best. If you treat your friend without care, they will become one of the crowd. If you treat your friend as they ought to be, they will become an individual.

I truly believe I have to be the best friend I can be. It is what my friends deserve and what I expect of myself. I believe being a true friend can get you anywhere in life. I don’t think you can have true friends with out knowing how to be one. My friends are truly amazing and I will always treasure their friendship.