John - Lone Tree, Colorado

A number of people know for sure of some of the things that they believe in. This, to me, is called a “true belief”, although it may not be true for everyone. As for me, my true belief is God. Yesterday I believed in God. Today I believe in God. Tomorrow I will believe in God, because if we all think about it extremely hard for a moment, what would we be and where would we be without God? For those that don’t share the same faith as me, I am not telling you to believe in God, but for only for me to share my beliefs and my opinion about God with the world. This God I speak of has grown on my family and me because I, as well as my family, have grown up to believe in him.

At the appeal for daily prayers at the Constitution Convention, Benjamin Franklin said, “If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? I believe without His concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the building of Babel.” What Benjamin Franklin was trying to say when he said this statement is that God knows everything that occurs and that He has a hand in everything that ever transpires. I truly believe that if God had not inspired and prepared our founding fathers, we would not be living in the free country that we are today.

Another opinion that I believe is that Christopher Columbus could not have found America if God had not led him here and prepared him to be capable of finding this land. In one of his journals, it says that there was a certain spirit that led him to America that he could not explain. Without God’s aid in all things, not anything is achievable, no matter what we do. We could not have won the Revolutionary war if God had not been on our side and with America every step of the way. This is my true belief. God is what I believe.