Patric - Centennial, Colorado
Themes: sports, work

I believe in the lessons and things that snowboarding teaches you. It teaches you discipline, determination, and strength; in witch to me you need all three. Snowboarding is a release of stress. It’s a release of stress by being able to just have fun with my friends, and doing something that I love. I try to go snowboarding every weekend to get my mind off of stress, or responsibilities. It’s my time to be a kid. With all the chores and home work their making kids do these days; it’s nice to be able to just let go of it all, and go snowboarding.

Snowboarding teaches me determination by giving me something to work at. I can’t just go out and be good it takes strength to get there. You have to be determined to do better and better, and realize that you’re going to make mistakes; but then that just gives you something to work on. With out determination, it’s hard to get through life. Every one has determination; they just have to use it.

Another thing that snowboarding teaches you is discipline. It teaches you discipline by giving you something to improve or do better on. You can always be better than you are; you just have to work at it. It’s not easy, but it’s all worth it in the end. When you get good enough you can do competitions, and if you loose then that is a great way to show you what you need to work on to do better next time. And if you win the felling is great, because then that shows you how far you’ve come. It takes a lot determination to keep going in a competition, and work on what event you did bad in.

Snowboarding is a great way to get fit. With all the things to do on the computer, TV, and video games, it’s hard to keep kids fit and strong. You have to have strong legs, and a strong mind to snowboard. You have to have a strong mind, so that you can just go for what you’re going to try, and not give up at it. The thing about snowboarding is that it keeps you strong while having fun.

So as you can see this is why I believe in snowboarding. Just by doing something that you love, you’re teaching yourself all of the things I listed. I use determination, discipline, and strength every day. You don’t have to snowboard, but just do something that teaches you these important things that you need in life.