Deirdre - Centennial, Colorado

I believe with faith, everyone knows that they will be ok with themselves and with one another. Believing in God and an after life is so important to me. I believe in God. God made the world and all the people in the world. He gives us life and he has a plan for our lives. When he thinks that our live is lived, he decides our death.

The last year in middle school, I had a friend that didn’t like her life. We grew up together and did every thing together. We went to ballet together, we went to the same church and school, and we had sleepovers every weekend. By the time we got into middle school we were growing apart. My mom said that she didn’t like my friend and that she was a “bad influence” on me. Then in eighth grade, she was having a hard time at home and said that she hated her life. When she told me this, I was heart broken. To get me through that time I asked God to show me the way and how I could show my friend that life is enjoyable. I wanted her to know that if she thought negative of her life, her life was going to be negative and see wouldn’t go anywhere in life. My friend would stop eating and cut herself so I told her to go see our youth leader at our church. She went and she got help from God.

My family is also a big believer in God and in faith. Most people are, but there are still some people in the world that think God can never help them and if he doesn’t help them why should they believe in him. When I tell people that I go to church so often, they look at me like I am strange or tell me that I don’t look or act like I go to church. I love going to church because it gives me time to forget all the stressful things that are going on in my world at the time. When I am at home, I will take time out of my busy schedule and talk to God and tell him what is going on in my life.

Even if you don’t believe in God, you can believe in faith. Faith is what your life is about. Faith is what you are living for. People can have faith in themselves when it comes to a test in school or a huge presentation at work. Have faith in yourself and you will get far. My friend had faith in herself to see that her life is more important than she thought. I believe in myself everyday that I will do fantastic that day and that I will be successful in the future.