Danielle - merritt, North Carolina

I believe in family. I am reminded of this every day of my life. When I can’t sleep at night until I tell my parents that I love them. When my mom makes a special trip 2 hours away into town just because I think that I need new school clothes. When my brother has a bad dream that something has happened to me and the next time he sees me he hugs me just to know that I am okay. When my papa goes out of town and always thinks to bring me a little something.

I have always been extremely close with my family and have always been taught that it’s the most important thing that there is. When I was little I remember not being able to sleep at night until I got a kiss goodnight and a bedtime story. Before bed and before leaving the house is always the time to make sure that everyone knows that you love them…Just in case. Family get-togethers and family vacations because everyone lives so far apart are the highlights of the year.

When I have a problem I know that I can go to my parents or my siblings and talk to them and they won’t judge me, they will be sure to tell me like it is and make sure that I’m going to be okay. They are there when I need a really good laugh or when I need a shoulder to cry on. All of this may sound a bit “Brady Bunch” but its not at all, my pop always jokes about us being “The Osbournes” just because we know how to be crazy and have a good time but at the same time there is so much love and caring within it all. Just being around all of us you can just see how much we care and want each other to succeed in life.

I believe in family. The one thing that keeps you up when you are down. The one thing that is always there for you no matter how bad you screw up or how many people you screw over. Family is everything. I believe in family.