Kayla - Centennial, Colorado

I’m Third

When asked the question,”what do you believe in?” A lot comes to mind. The best way to answer this question to me is by answering with the first idea that comes to my mind. The first ideas that come to my mind are, God first, others second and I’m third. This is an important saying that was taught to me by my youth group leader years ago. Yet the saying stays with me and so that is proof that I believe in it and it has influenced my life.

I believe in God, with all my heart, due to the way my family has raised me spiritually. God is my inspiration to go on in life; he makes me who I am. He means the world to me. God is a very important figure in my life because I believe he has a whole plan for me and is watching over me. Technically God is my super hero and my bodyguard. He protects me from all harm and danger.

Secondly, I believe in others. Others include strangers, friends, family, animals, pets, and any living things in the world. I believe in others because when you believe in them it helps them to pursue with their dreams as well as their hearts. It is like encouraging others to have faith in themselves but at the same time you are putting your faith in them, giving them hope for a positive outcome.

Third, I believe in myself. Believing in myself allows me to trust my instincts, know myself and my boundaries. These beliefs are very helpful when socializing with others or having faith in myself. This gives me just the right amount of self- confidence.

All in all, my belief in God, others, and myself are great beliefs to have. It is important to care and believe, and quite frankly I feel that the two have an impact on each other because the two are characteristics that make you a positive, friendly, compassionate person. Webster Dictionary defines believe as “to accept something as true,” this makes a lot of sense because I accept God as a true figure, I accept others to be true, and I sure try to be true to myself. My beliefs simply are spiritual, physical, and mental, making them a must in my life. The three beliefs I have are great beliefs to pass on. The, main reason I think I believe in my beliefs is because they believe in me. These beliefs will hold me to a higher standard of choices for my life, which in the long run will guide me to a more meaningful existence in the lives of others as well as myself.