Joseph - Littleton, Colorado

If I could teach everyone one thing in this world it would be to have a competitive spirit. I believe that a competitive spirit will take you as far as you want to go in life.

What bugs me the most is when people talk about having a competitive spirit and only associating it with sports. When I know that it is more used outside of the athletic world then in it. I would even say it is more important to have a competitive spirit outside of sports than inside.

Your competitive spirit will get you to the top, but if you just rest on how good you are doing than you definitely won’t stay at the top. I don’t want to use a sports figure as an example of the perfect competitive spirit, but I am going to. The athletes name is Tiger Woods, there are not many people that have a competitive drive like him. You could be playing ping-pong or tidily-winks and he would want to kill you at it. Everyone has it inside and I think more people need to let it out and show how competitive they are rather than trying to hide it.

Lets take another example Mr. Bill Gates. Some would refer to him as a nerd. Well he is, but you have to respect him cause you know he had the drive to develop the most into the future technology company there is. What did he do? He did exactly what he set out to do. If some other company came out with something more technologically advanced, his first move would be right back to the drawing board to out do the company.

So weather you get competitive about sports or computer technology let it show and don’t hold it in because you have no idea what this world would be like if everyone used their competitive spirit.