Anton - Lake Forest,, Illinois

The Modern Monarchy

The modern world of states is facing new challenges everyday and our leaders are constantly proving their inability to take action. In the United States, Congress is constantly at arms with the White House and the shifting Supreme Court is well, simply ludicrous. Abolishing our current system of inefficient government and establishing a new monarchy in its place will be a necessary task if America is to maintain its status of a Superpower. I believe Monarchy is needed in America and has the potential to be radically successful. Certain individuals have natural rights, provided by God, and are just “better” than common folk. Establishing a monarchy will also maintain social and economic stability and promote a national culture and secure national interests above the petty fetishes of the street.

What the Hell? Of course I don’t believe in the monarchy. But at the same time I wouldn’t disregard someone who did as a fool. In our modern America there is a deficit of values and beliefs, but what we need is not a common idea to tie us together, but rather a stronger sense of individual values.

A couple weeks ago my Grandpa died. And if you had asked me two days before his heart attack if I believed in any sense of Heaven, God, or religion at all, my answer would have been a bold and resounding no. But things change in an instant. For me, this was the first close death I experienced and the first time I ever needed to consider the immortal question of an afterlife. I didn’t suddenly find the Church. I didn’t “wake up” and accept Jesus into my life. But I did take comfort in changing my views and believing in an afterlife. I couldn’t stand and defend my logical reasoning behind this belief, but even so, its nice to know that I believe in something— anything.

Living on beliefs, rationally sound or utterly absurd, may not be he healthiest way to live. But if you lived without beliefs, you’d be left with your mere existence. Beliefs give hope, and I believe that living on your beliefs, diehard and steadfast, gives meaning to life. And also betters society in the long run and all that shite.