Brooklyn - Haymarket, Virginia
Themes: love

I Believe Love Hurts

I believe Love will never have the power to make you truly happy. Love will never take all your pain away. And Love never disappears, leaving you desiring the unattainable forever.

People have always expected Love to take away their loneliness, their pain, and their sorrow. I have learned to differ. I am in Love. I feel love every morning when I wake up, and every night when I lay down to sleep. Every time, I feel lonelier, because he’s not there with me, and yet when he is there it never seems to be enough. Our hugs leave me feeling desperate. I always seem to want more, and yet, the more we fall in love, the more unhappy I become. I have the world I have always wanted, yet feel like I’m miles away from it. I hold my dream, but I never fall asleep. It makes me terribly sad to know that the Love we share is not enough.

Is this greed? No. Is it haughtiness? No. It’s Love. It’s the feeling that leaves you empty, tired and yearning. It’s the feeling that tears my heart each day that I live. Everyday, I tell James that I Love him. But it stops short of its true meaning each and every time. The kisses we share bring us so close…so intimately in harmony with one another and every time the song is off key.

I cry when I think of him. I cry when he leaves my house at night. It’s strange to think about, isn’t it? Why would I act this way if I were truly in Love? Isn’t Love the true healer of all pain? Does Love not erase all hurt? No, and I know this first hand. If you don’t believe me, ask yourself how you feel when your companion is gone for a week. Ask yourself how you feel when you believe your man to be dishonest. Ask yourself if it makes you want to throw up when your man proves to be dishonest. And if you are still unconvinced, ask yourself if you are truly in Love; because I am, and it does not make me truly happy. I don’t believe Love makes anyone truly happy, and I know it will never erase all your pain.