sandy - south daytona, Florida

I believe, with exception of a few bad seeds, that everyone has a good side to them, and deserves to be understood and sometimes even forgiven. We all have done things that are sometimes not right or socially acceptable, and so many people are quick to judge or punish, but don’t take a minute to wonder why people do the things that they do.

I believe that everyone I pass deserves a smile or a simple “Hello”. I don’t judge them by the clothes they wear or the car they drive. They can be homeless, rich, poor, mentally inept, or a high ranking official. We are all human beings that have hopes, dreams, fears, problems and feelings. Some of us are able to handle life, and some just seem to give up.

Maybe the people that give up never knew what it was like to have love or understanding. There are also people that had all the love in the world and still can’t seem to get it right. I truly try to understand the reasons behind the way people act. I feel that a smile or a small acknowledgement can sometimes make a persons day.

I am by no means a happy go lucky person that is constantly smiling. I have my days too. I have to admit that I have sometimes judged people. I don’t think that anyone can say in honesty that they haven’t. And I don’t trust everyone that I may run into. Trust is something entirely different. But a simple acknowledgement of another human being, no matter their social status can go a long way. If someone needs something that may be trivial to some, but in the least bit helpful to them, I am happy to oblige. And sometimes that something is just a smile.