Kevin - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: fear, freedom

Terrorism is not about killing people. Terrorism is about spreading fear. Death is a way to spread fear. Death is a part of life. When we act out on our fears we further the cause of terrorism. We have freedom. When we give up those freedoms in the name of security we are acting out of fear. Our own President is spreading fear and promising to keep us safe. How much freedom are you willing to give up in order to feel safe. The problem is that security is a false image. We have to let go of our desire to feel safe. We have the power to end the war on terror by not giving in to our fears. We have the ability to acknowledge and face our fears. It was an awful thing that happened on September 11. We can acknowledge our pain and fear of loss without giving in to them. This is the path to true healing. Revenge and war only further the cause of terrorism. I believe pain and suffering are a part of life. It is how we choose to deal with this that defines who we are. I will fight my own war on terror in a peaceful way. I will face my fear of pain and suffering and continue peacefully fighting for truth and democracy. I will not exchange my freedom for a false sense of security. This I believe.