kurt - columbus, Indiana
Themes: respect

Have you ever back talked your parents and got in trouble, well I have many times.. I believe that no child should ever back talk their parents. Over the years I have learned that nobody should ever back talk their parents. I used to always back talk my parents, but then they gave me consequences. They would always tell me to respect them and always yelled at me.

One time I was coming home from dinner and I back talked my dad in the car. My mother pulled the car on the side of the road and told me to get out. I thought she meant like walk home or something, but it was a lot worse than that. She got out of the car with me and told me to bend over. She spanked me on the side of the road in front of the whole town. It was so embarrassing for me.

Another time I didn’t even know I was back talking and I still got in trouble. You need to be careful of what you say and when you say it. You should always respect your parent’s even if there wrong.

If you don’t back talk anybody you will get respect. People will think you are a really nice person and will be nice back. It’s like the saying treat people the way you want to be treated. It works.