Mariana - Moldova

This I believe

I am from Moldova and I love my country but it was really hard growing up here. I had the “luck” to be born right before the Soviet Union crashed, along with our economy. Those were hard times. I spent all my childhood being confined by my mom’s words “We don’t have money for that” and it got even worse when I became a teenager. I used to watch my parents fight about how to spend their small salaries. That’s when I got so many complexes and when I started to feel so sorry about myself. I used to think we were going to live like this forever and that we’re damned or something. Then I grew up, I’m in high school now, I have good friends and a lot of fun. I’m not the same melancholic teenager any more and I’m truly happy about that.

You see, I’ve changed my theory of life, maybe because I was tired of being so unhappy, or because the experience which I, like every human being, was accumulating every day. Now I don’t get upset or depressed when bad things happen to me, I just think “hey, it happens to everyone”. For example, I’ve been robbed these days. Well, I’m happy that they only stole my wallet and mobile; I know people who remained without anything at all in the house, or even worse, without the house. And what about the victims of disasters? Would I care about that mobile in the moment of an earthquake? I don’t think so. So you’re not very good at school?… you’ll survive. Your boyfriend left you?… say thanks he didn’t let you pregnant and then go. You don’t like your nose?… be grateful that you are healthy. Life is easier when you’re positive. And even if your situation is the worst, you still have something which gives you a chance for better days, you’ve got the day of tomorrow. When you’re in the middle of a fight with your parents, just stop and think how lucky you are for having them. When everything goes wrong, don’t lose your spirit, observe the face of an adult person sitting somewhere in the public transport. It’s so tired; it has on it the marks of hundreds of responsibilities. Now think about you: you still have the whole life ahead; you will have time for worries, now it’s time for smiling.

Take all the chances, Enjoy every moment, Celebrate the Youth and don’t forget: never again shall life be so sweet! ?