Dawie - Seattle, Washington

Does anyone have friends that are twenty to thirty years old? Do your friends still live with their parents? I have friends that still do. Those friends of mine depend on no one but their parents. They cannot even depend on themselves. I know for a fact that when I get older, I will not be living with my parents. I will be living in my own apartment that I pay rent for. But getting there will not be easy. I am going to need help. I am going to need wisdom.

All of us have experience eleven years of schooling. School has helped me overcome many fears. School has taught me many tricks in life. I can name many things that I have learned in school, but that would be a waste of time. Not only has school taught me everyday things, school has taught me to be passionate about the things I do. For instant, writing essays. An essay is not about a jumble of words. An essay comes from the heart.

My friends that I have mentioned earlier are living a life that is going nowhere. They have received their high school diploma, but that is about it. I believe I am not going to be like them. I believe I am going to live beyond what they are living. And I cannot do this by myself. Therefore education will be my buddy. Education was always there for me. I believe that education will be here for me today, tomorrow, and forever more. Education gives me knowledge, and knowledge gives me wisdom. I believe if it weren’t for education, I would not be in this room giving this speech. For all I know, I could have been on the streets selling my body to strangers. I believe I will go further in life with school by my side, rather than not. I believe I will receive several college degrees.

With the living cost of life rising, I believe education is the number one key to a prosperous future. Education will not hurt me, but instead make me grow. I believe I am going to become a better person with knowledge in my head. I believe I will not end up being a bum. I will not be dumb. I will be intelligent and witty, because I believe education will help me. Education, my knowledge, my buddy and friend, will always help me through the end.