Raymond - Fairfax, Virginia
Themes: pleasure

I have finally found a way to win the Nobel Peace Prize. I want the world to start whistling. Whistle to your favorite rock, rap, classical, country, jazz or blues tune and you will see why I believe in the power of whistling.

To give you an example, think how many timesyou have been to a birthday party and had to sing the tune. Look around at your Friends and see if they aren’t awkward and uncomfortable. Try getting a few of them to whistle the Bridge on River Kwai song and see how may join up and even despite their better judgment, enjoy themselves.

Better yet, try whistling why you do yardwork or if your that self conscious while you are mowing the lawn. You simply feel better about the work your doing and you’d be surpized how many Beatle’s songs you know by heart. I certainly was which leads me back to the Nobel Peace Prize.

Finally, I propose whistling Christmas Caroles and see how may people will actually whistle at the top of their lungs but would stand their stupefied if that had to sing. The thought of 5 thousand whistlelers at WolfTrap would make anyone laugh. Just think, your kids may actually want to come also knowing performance isn’t just about prowess.

Imagine, if you will, the leaders of the G8 and Opec get together and instead of negotiating just simply start whistling their favorite tunes. Once you whistle together , Ide think they would all look the human to one another. That seems more appealing to me then the constant threat of one country enialating the other.

I know this sounds silly but all I am asking is you try it. Whistle while you are driving in traffic and I would be willing to bet that your fingers stay on the wheel rather than upraised at the person who just accidentally cut you off. See when you whistle everything becomes a happy accident.

Finally, all I ask is that you try it, give yourself a minute to let go and whistle the River Kwai or that snappy little number from the Great Escape. Who can resist, it isnt illegal to either feel or be silly for a moment or two a day.