Jeff - Windsor Heights, Iowa
Themes: pleasure

I believe that the key to happiness for me is not wasting my time dwelling on things that do not make me happy. I know that life is short and full of obstacles and challenges that I must overcome and that I will not be happy until I have tackled them.

An obstacle or challenge for me is anything that gets in the way of my personal happiness. These challenges can very in size and shape. Sometimes they appear in the form of bills you do not know how you are going to pay. Or they could be things that take free time away from you, like having to work a horrible part time job so you can make your way through college.

I know that if you think about all of the challenges life has in store for you at once that your head might actually explode, so I don’t think about more than one of them at a time. That is my key to happiness. I know that life is too short and unpredictable to try and plan out in my head. I take on the challenges one by one as they occur. I also find time to do things I enjoy even when it seems like there is no free time. Even in the most hectic of times I still set time aside to go for a walk with my wife, or go play a round of golf with my friends. This is how I remain happy and still deal with all of the hustle and bustle.

I do not let all of the trivial things bother me. If I sat around and though about all of the challenges I had ahead of me, I would never be happy. I remain happy because Instead of thinking about all of the challenges I think about all of the good things. That is what life is all about. Enjoy what the world has to offer and take on challenges one by one.