David - Edmond, Oklahoma
Themes: place

I believe, that the people of New Orleans are suffering some are not but the majority of them are. I would know this because I am originally from New Orleans. The people that are originally living in New Orleans are thinking that they can not go any place else because they’ve lived there for all there all there lives. I have lived in New Orleans for 10 years of my life.

The house I lived in is not completely destroyed but it has gotten some damage to it. The people that were in the French Quarter were so full of life it was amazing just walking into the city but that is all gone now. No people what so ever in the city, if you are not in your house by six thirty you will ether is brought to jail or be shot by another person.

The things that I use to do in the city were so fun you would love to do. I and my family and friends use to always run around to see who could get the most clothes in five minutes. We would meet in Shaper Image the store in the mall. The place that we would meet was our favorite because of all the electronics in the store.

I still can not believe that New Orleans is gone. It just feels weird to me you know. All of those years wasted, gone down the drain, tarnished. The memories, the people, the city, all the things that were important to me are gone. It really makes you say you have it good my name is David [last name deleted] and I am out.