Mason - 75007, Texas

My True Reality

I believe in seeing, experiencing, and in a way, I believe in not believing. Belief in anything these days will simply fall out from beneath your feet, sending you back down the imaginary staircase of your own design. Belief in anything besides disbelief will become a ball and chain around your ankles; when it sinks, it will drag you along. When you finally escape from its grasp, swimming up for a gulp of air, you go back to shore once more shackled. This is my experience in life, and the underlying transformer. Once realized, this singular belief takes hold and shapes a person. This is in me, my core. To live it’s life inside me until I die and return to the soil. Then it reburies itself in the next host to know absolute knowledge’s quintessence.

In man’s pursuit of knowledge, many things are proven in absolute theorem. One may never find a true absolute in the universe. All we can do is search out an approximate. Never will the ultimate be reached, and to seek it is a fool’s sport. I do not seek to understand, but to see, to see what is taking place around this worldly body of mine and interact with it. This is my quest and goal, not to know but to know of.

The events that have shaped this belief are my studies in the sciences. I was always been interested in organisms and their behavior. As soon as you think you have it down to an art, something new and different occurs. A new mutation, seemingly random behavior, or an exposure to a new habitat always seems to come about. After years of keeping, feeding, caring for, and even breeding a seemingly simple organism such as a reptile I felt I had them down to a science. Then they started doing completely new behavior. Always there was something new and endless, helping me realize the shortcomings of my original thoughts and opinions. I would have to experiment again to find a new way of going about maintaining them. For example, one pair of females got along splendidly for almost two years and suddenly one became more dominant than the other. Things like this only reassure my standing.

To see and experience, this is what I believe. To live and experience what we have found, and what we are yet to experience. Nothing is to be ever-certain in this world. Light, sound, gravity, and even innate human nature are thought to be constant and true when in its essence, all these we have found inconsistent, or will soon. Truly to me, there is no essence, and theory will always be disproved or slightly incorrect in some way. As with human nature, all things in this world differ slightly. This is what I believe, I believe in the only absolute to myself. The absolute that nothing can attain the absolute.