Marcy - Dunwoody, Georgia

I believe in angels.

Angel. A superior being to humans in power and intelligence. An attendant spirit or guardian. Is an angel really a celestial being? A spirit that is greater than any human in knowledge and power? This I believe: I have angels.

These are the people who have saved me. People who have loved me. People who have been there to listen. People who have cared. People who have steered me in the right direction. People who have given me a hand when I’ve needed one most. My life is full of them. There are no words to describe the way these people have affected my life. They’ve changed me. They’ve made me want to be a better person, and they keep me loving life. Without them, I can confidently say that I don’t know where I would be today.

Since I was little, I’ve had my parents. They’ve raised me and loved me. They still do, and even though I don’t get along with them and we never really see eye-to-eye, I love them, and I always will. They’ve been there when no one else was, when I needed someone the most. They’ve made sure I’ve had all the cool clothes and they’ve stayed up with me all night when I’ve been sick. They’ve given me money to see movies and go out with my friends, and they’ve always kept food on the table. For their kindness and endless love, I will be forever grateful.

My best friends. The people that have been there through all the fights and different boyfriends. The ones who stay up until the early morning having talks and watching chick flicks, go to late movies and serve as shopping buddies. The people who tell me when I’m being stupid and laugh at jokes that aren’t funny. They mean so much to me. My life wouldn’t be the same without them. From them, I’ve learned forgiveness, patience, and most importantly, friendship. I know I wouldn’t be the same without them.

Love. My first and only love. He has been one of the biggest impacts on my life. He’s been there for so many things, and taught me so many things. He’s the one who stays up late with me on the phone until he falls asleep and watches tv shows he hates just to make me happy. He’s saved me, changed me, and loved me. He’s taught me about trust and he’s given me happiness. I can’t even put into words how he makes me feel, but I can say that I hope it never ends.

These are my angels. The people in my life who have supported me and made me who I am today. They’ve brought me faith and taught me life lessons. I don’t always tell these people that I care about them or love them. I’ve gotten so used to having them as a part of my life, that I don’t even realize I’m taking advantage of their unconditional love and constant support. I think they deserve this special recognition. I want them to know that I love them, and I am eternally grateful for having them in my life.