MaRae - lithonia Ga 30058, Georgia

I Believe the Standards for Teens are Outrageous…

As people some things we know as common sense. As humans we make many mistakes. As teens we are entitled to our own opinions…. that is if anyone will ever listen to us.

Such as, the “new/old” enforcement on the 11:00 pm curfew. I remember about a month or two ago my cousin and I planned to go see the new hit movie Little Man at Stonecrest Mall. It was about 9:30 and the next viewing of the movie was at 10:05 pm of course. So we’re headed into the AMC Theater, so overjoyed, until the “security guard”, whom to me was just a man in a suit with his hands on his flashlight, I guess which was supposed to frighten us. He asked how old my cousin and I were. Nervously I answered thinking that I had broken some kind of law. “16”, my cousin gave me this look as if, “MaRae why you lying, you know you ain’t 16.” The officer said sorry ma’am you need to make your way on to the Marta Bus stop. I was relieved to know that I hadn’t broken any law, but I was disappointed that I couldn’t go see the movie that I been anticipating on going to go see.

There was no reason why we couldn’t just go see the movie. It ended at 11:35 and my mom would be outside waiting to pick me up.

In my opinion the government fails to realize the fact that, if they try to prohibit us from things that aren’t necessary then some people not saying myself, but some people will try to rebel against them and the law. I agree with the fact that they give us laws and rules, but I also believe that they should make them reasonable. That is what I believe!