Hayden - Dunwoody, Georgia
Themes: purpose

I Believe Everything Happens for a Reason

I believe things happen for a reason. That of course means I believe in God. There have been good and bad events that played a role in my life that lead to better or worse. I believe God is in control of things that I may not be able to handle on my own.

Looking back on my life I can recall the simplest events that turned into the best days of my life. It was the Y2K (year two thousand) and we just put our house on the market in a small town of Roswell, New Mexico. We had one of the nicest homes in town but because of the amount of income the average New Mexican made it was hard to find that some-one to purchase our home. Well, for all of you who don’t know me, baseball is a very important hobby and past time for me. I was spectacular at the sport. In fact I was at the age of eleven and made it to a twelve year-old all-star team at our complex. We won our district, and headed to state championship in Raton, New Mexico.

This was exciting, not because we were playing in state but because I get to visit my cousin at the legendary private ranch owned by Ted Turner himself Cimarron. The entrance was like a gate to Heaven, massive, superior, and gorgeous. The ride to the cabins was like watching a documentary. Buffalo roaming along the canyon, Hawks clenching on a fish and yanking it out of the pond, and flocks of turkeys following one another. The tripped kept on getting better. Before I knew it I was on my way back to the hotel that our team was staying at. We ended up winning state and headed on to championship of regional in Waco, Texas. None of this would be possible if we had sold our house early.

Although I figured out why the summer of 2002 happened some things keep me awake at night frantically wondering why it happened. I lost two of my best friends sisters to freak accidents, although I cant figure out why it happened I can expect God has something better in plan ahead.