Jeneis - lithonia, Georgia

This I Believe…

I believe it should be illegal to put purses on the floor, unless in church, a synagogue, a temple, or other places alike.

I believe that if you put your purse on the floor you will be broke. Especially when you really are in need of money. You put your purse on the floor today, and you can’t pay your bills tomorrow. Either your money will go missing or you will just never earn any money.

My mother and I were driving to the mall and, I did the unthinkable, I put my pures on the floor of the car after taking out my carmex. Yes, I know, how could I be so irresponsible? My mother and I did not even notice. I put on carmex. We went on laughing and talking. When we finally arrived at the mall, I picked up my purse and got out of the car. We walked into the mall and turned right to go into the Metro store. I had to pay my phone bill. After I gave the cashier my phone number, I reached into my purse to get the envelope with the money for the bill and I realized my purse was wide open. It should come as no surprise that imperative envelope had gone missing. I retraced my steps and looked in the car and it was not there. All because I did the unthinkable and put my purse on the floor of the car. That is why I believe the main reason why women cannot, or at least have a hard time, paying their bills on time is because their purse is always on the floor.

It should be illegal because if you were not allowed to put purses on the floor you would be able to pay their bills. Putting your purse on the floor will hinder you from paying your bills on time and, therefore, give you bad credit.

The women in my family have believed in this superstition for many years. It is part of our genetic makeup. As a child I got disciplined for placing someone’s purse on the ground. So now it is me. It’s apart of what makes me who I am.