Amy - Dunwoody, Georgia
Themes: carpe diem

I Believe in Taking Your Time

I believe in taking your time. Someone once told me that when I am driving up to a red light, I might as well just slow down. If I take my time reaching the light, it may turn green. In this case, I would not have to slam on the brakes. I believe this idea to be true in all aspects of life.

Ferris Bueller said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” I find people are always rushing and not taking their time and enjoying their lives. It is important to me to slow down sometimes so I will not forget the little things in life- things I can only really appreciate if I take my time. These are the things I believe really matter, smiling at a stranger, seeing the very first star in the sky, or having a long talk with people I love. To me, these are the important things in life, things that make me happy.

Our streets are filled with people rushing to work. If these people only took their time, there would be less car accidents and road rage. In schools, children are rushing to grow up too quickly. I these children would take their time and see their childhood for what it is, they could appreciate it the way I appreciate mine. People rush into marriage. I believe, if they would take their time making this decision, there would be less divorce, and heart ache. These people have all the time in the world, but still chose to rush.

I believe, if all these people would just take their time to appreciate where they are, rather than concentrating on where they are going, they would be much happier and live a drastically better life. I know I have the rest of my life to get where I am going. My plan is to take my time and enjoy the ride. This way, I will never have to slam on the brakes.