Amanda - Carrollton, Texas

This is I Believe

I believe that this is your life. You’ve got live it in happiness. Believe it or not God didn’t put us on this Earth to suffer. He has a plan for us all. Happiness does not just come to you. Happiness is what you make of your surroundings. Happiness is the people you choose to be associated with, and the way you look at life. As a little girl, my parents fought whole lot, and the thing I remember most was the unhappiness they felt, and even so young it completely tore my world to pieces to see my two strong and calm parents so upset. When they finally decided for a divorce, my dad sat my brother and sister and me down and grieved, “I know this will be hard, and we’re all going to have rough times ahead, but your mother and I will be happier, and so will you kids in the long run.” That one sentence, just those few little words, eased up on the pain of them splitting up because I had learned throughout my life that to have happiness was to have the world

I believe that happiness is contagious. Smiles will spread from your face to another like the common cold.

I believe that if you see someone unhappy in anyway you should do something. Go out there and make their day, or at least their hour. Everyone knows how great it feels to live in happiness. Why not share that with others?

I believe happiness answers a number of problems. When my parents finally got separated, it took us all a long time to jump back from the blow of divorce, but one thing that really helped us was trying to feel happy. Even if we faked it for a while it gradually turned in to the genuine thing, and it helped out the other person by showing them that it was okay to experience happiness.

I’ve lived on this Earth for a mere 16 years, but I honestly think I’ve learned the meaning of life. Be happy. It’s that simple. I believe that when you’re happy good things follow. I’ve noticed that when I’m happy I play better in volleyball, do better in my school work, have more energy, and just all around love life.

I believe that you’ve got to go out and give life you’re all, hold nothing back, have absolutely no regrets and smile religiously. I believe that you’ve got to be happy!