Laura - Carrollton, Texas
Themes: purpose

I believe in the inadequacy of man. I believe that I and every other human are incapable of true joy on this earth without divine help. Without that external and superior being telling me what my purpose is, and who I am, I’ll end up wandering around without aim or reason. I’ll look to others to let me know who I am, but ultimately the need in me for that sense of meaning can only be found one way.

I believe that there is hidden agenda in every action until a sense of identity is established. I believe that until that external superior being is inside of me, telling me that I am beautiful and special, I won’t be able to do anything kind or decent without thinking about how it will serve me. Maybe it’ll make me seem nice to onlookers, or maybe it’ll bring praise to me. Yes, part of it probably is a sense of duty to be a “good person,” but it’s still me that I’m satisfying. Everything I do is to make others tell me I’m beautiful and special, when all I really need to do is rely on God.

I believe that once I truly give my life up to Him, I will become a servant of God. I will be able to truly accept others because I will no longer need them to define my identity. My actions will be pure and I will show true love to others without any expectations or underlying reasoning.

I believe that while man is inadequate, Man plus God is invincible. I believe that when I am in Him and He is in me, my purpose will become clear. Not only will my actions be pure, but also they will be straight from God. Rather than a plea to the world to accept me, they will be another step in my journey to oneness with God, my journey of fulfillment. My life will become a vessel through which He works his plan. It may seem

like my identity will then become nonexistent, but who wants a flawed human identity anyways? I am satisfied just to be a part of His plan. If I die unrecognized and without glory, that’ll be just fine, because I’ll have no need for that anymore.